Recently I came across this room in an article and it stopped me in my tracks. Not only do I love the high ceilings and multiple conversation areas, (Not to mention the fern print on the chairs is just stunning on its own!) but also I love how the designer used different shades of green as the really the only true colour in the entire space.
In my own home, my living room is painted in a silvery green that at night looks grey and other times it can look blue. When Tyson first picked the colour (before I moved in and started my decorating career), I wasn’t sure about it, but now I can’t imagine a more perfect colour for the space. It acts as the ideal backdrop that I can accent with almost any colour. Many people shy away from the thought of green walls, but when used correctly, green can be seen as a neutral or as the star of the show and here are some beautiful spaces I’ve gathered to prove it.
Soft green with a grey undertone make a great neutral base and are very easy to live with.
Be daring and use acid greens to make a bold statement.
Jewel tone greens are rich in depth and look great with other bold colours.
They look best as feature walls then painting the entire room.
And if green walls just aren’t your thing, then green can be a great accent colour especially when paired with white.
Picking the right green isn’t always easy so here’s a list of my favourites that I think are easy to live with.
- Stem Green is great for accent walls and I’ve even used it on furniture to give a pop of colour to a room.
- Feldspar is a pale version of acid green with yellow undertones. I actually have this colour in our guest room and love it because it’s always seems fresh and bright even on the dullest of days.
- Split Pea is another great one for an accent wall. It’s a rich colour with lots of depth making it great for a gallery wall with artwork that has lots of colour.
- Eyelet is a barely there elegant green that pairs beautifully with creams, warm metals and black.
- Sea Salt is soft green with a grey undertone is another elegant green perfect for formal space.
- Saybrook Sage is the colour of my living room. It’s the perfect backdrop to accent with almost any colour.
How about you…are you a green lover?
In this month’s newsletter I’m giving a crash course on understanding undertones. Not on my list? Sign up here!
Opening Photo: Allison Paladino Interior Design