Whenever I’m designing a child’s bedroom I tend to use lighting that will look just as good in a teen’s bedroom as it would in a nursery. I also love using colourful lamps and pendants, as they are a great way to add a dramatic pop of colour to any neutral space!
So here’s a round up of some of my favourite pieces that are timeless in their design and also available in a rainbow of colours:
1. A bold classic. This pretty is available from a variety of different retailers, but I love that this one comes with a matching shade in a high gloss finish.
2. Create the perfect combination. A charming shaded pendant that is available in 20 different colours and a variety patterns so you can mix and match to create the perfect light for you little one’s room.
3. Fun and functional. You really can’t go wrong with task lighting. Use one as a desk lamp or two as bedside lighting.
4. The perfect match. The Ro Sham Beaux’s Patty Table Lamp Base can be customized to match any room. They will actually create the base to match any Benjamin Moore or Sherwin William paint colour!
5. A timeless design. I love this Robert Abbey lamp! It may look modern, but I believe it’s a timeless design and will still look just as stylish in 10 years time as it does today.
6. Gender neutral. This whimsical chandelier by Stray Dog Designs would work in both a girl’s and a boy’s room. And is available in 11 different colours.
7. Show and tell. Create your own colour inspiration with this exhibit lamp. From colourful ribbons and LEGO figures, to nail polish and rock collections, this fun fixture allows you to change up the contents as often as your child changes hobbies!
Good lighting is an investment. Like the rest of the room, when the designed with consideration and with classic pieces, your sweet baby’s room or tween’s hangout should be a comforting space that will transition with your child as they grow.